COVID-19 Lockdown update
It is with much leadership that President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the difficult decisions made by the COVID-19 task team with regards to the escalation of measures to combat the epidemic in South Africa. 23 March 2020 saw President Ramaphosa biggest COVID-19 lockdown on the African continent. His directive is clear - all South Africans should isolate at home for 21 days from midnight on Thursday 26 March.
At Ithemba, the health and safety of our tenants is of the utmost importance. It is our duty to ensure that we provide you, our Ithemba family, with safe and clean environments to live in. However, to echo the sentiments of our president, it is not a single person's duty - we must ALL come together and abide by the measures that government have put in place at this difficult time. We fully support the President's decision and will ensure that his directive is followed to the fullest extent possible in all buildings.
There is no need to 'panic buy' or stock up on any items. Supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open throughout the lockdown and all products will be available. You will still be allowed to leave your home to:
- seek medical care, and
- purchase groceries and health goods.
The following critical personnel will be exempt from the lockdown:
- health workers,
- emergency service workers,
- security services,
- suppliers of food and basic services, and
- essential banking workers.
Effective immediately, the following actions are now required:
- Maintain social isolation
- Limit contact with others and only leave your home if absolutely necessary, e.g. to purchase food.
- Keep your children away from other children and at all times stay at least 2m apart from others.
- Note that visitors are no longer allowed in buildings and that play areas, gyms and other places of social gathering are closed.
- To help you get through the isolation period, we are offering free uncapped internet. Save our WhatsApp number 078 794 2750 and send us a message us with your name, building name and the phrase 'Free Internet'
- Prioritize personal hygiene
- Sanitize your hands when entering or exiting a building - use the sanitizer spray provided.
- Wash or sanitize your hands throughout the day, even in your apartment.
- Keep your building clean
- Take care of your home - play your part in keeping your lobby, corridors and other common areas clean.
- Limit maintenance queries to critical items
- Essential maintenance will continue, but please exercise patience during this period and do not log minor maintenance queries.
- Act responsibly if sick
- If you exhibit symptoms of fever, dry cough or shortness of breath you must isolate yourself immediately and contact a doctor or medical facility by phone.
- Alternatively contact the NICD hotline on 0800 029 999 and seek advice on whether or not you should get tested.
- Notify your building manager or an Ithemba staff member by WhatsApp or phone.
Ithemba is committed to operating the safest, cleanest buildings in Gauteng. We have implemented new cleaning regimes in all lobbies and communal areas including sanitization of biometric fingerprint readers and lift buttons every 10-15 minutes. Strict security measures remain in place to ensure your safety. Importantly, all administrative functions continue. We are still here for you in this time.
During the lockdown, our primary form of communication with tenants will be through Whatsapp and Facebook. We will play our part by supplying daily updates on relevant information. To receive our latest updates please remember:
- Save our number on WhatsApp - 078 794 2750 - then send us a message with your name and building name.
- Like and follow us on Facebook - @ithembaproperty
- If you need to contact us, use the channels above, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak to your building manager.
Together we can get through this, but we all need to play our part. Stay safe, stay home and stay healthy!
T's & C's Apply | FREE internet only applicable to Johannesburg, Berea and Hillbrow buildings.
Author: Ithemba Property Sales